Have you been obsessed with building stuff since you were a kid? Do you love taking something from concept to design to reality? Eteros Technologies is looking for an experienced mechanical designer who lives and breathes this stuff.
Who is Eteros Technologies? We’re a young, energetic custom machining and manufacturing company. We have multiple new CNC mills and lathes, welders and saws, and some incredibly innovative pieces of pieces of automated machinery and fixtures that were custom designed and built in-house. The best part of all is that we have a whole array of challenging projects to devote our ingenuity and tools to.
If you are looking for a place to apply your brains, imagination and knowledge, give us a shout.
- Generating new product concepts based on both feedback received from clients and on perception of market gaps and opportunities
- Taking product development from concept to design to production
- Ensuring product designs are manufacturable, user-friendly and serve their intended purpose
- Participating in or leading product certification processes
- Managing the product development budgets
- Managing project deadlines and budgets
- Working directly with clients to identify and resolve design-related equipment issues
- Working directly with clients to identify new/custom design projects
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
- Certificate or degree from a recognized mechanical design technology program or related field.
- We care more about demonstrable skills than paper credentials, but if you have a P.Eng. it would be considered an asset
EXPERIENCE & ABILITIES
- 10+ years of mechanical design experience
- Ability to conceptualize new ideas and very rapidly make them happen
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent Communication skills
- Extensive experience with CAD programs, preferably SolidWorks
- Ability to program and run CNC machines
ANNUAL SALARY: We want the best talent possible and are prepared to offer a competitive salary to get it.
JOB TYPE: Full-time
HOURS: Primarily day shift (7:00am – 3:30pm), with flexibility to work longer hours as required.
LOCATION: Surrey, BC
BENEFITS: Eteros offers a benefits package that includes the following:
- 80% Coverage for basic dental
- 80% Coverage for most prescription drugs
- Extended Health Benefits
- Life & AD&D Insurance
ESOP: After one full year of employment, employees are eligible to participate in the company’s Employee Stock Ownership Plan
1) Explore our core values, do these sound like you?
If we say we are going to do something, we do it! This applies not only as an internal company value, but also outward facing, interacting with our customers and vendors. We believe consistent accountability builds trust and strong relationships, internally as a team, and externally as a brand.
Giving up is not in our nature. We know that tough problems present obstacles and that every obstacle is an opportunity to learn something new. We understand that having the grit to persevere though an obstacle gives us greater satisfaction when we succeed!
We delight in providing our customers with thoughtful, often surprising product features and design. Not only reserved for product design, we come up with creative solutions for every facet of our company – from paperwork to production line, marketing to product features – everything can (and should!) be improved upon.
At Eteros, you will never hear anyone say “that’s not my job”. From small things, like tidying up the kitchen or answering a ringing phone, to bigger things, like counting inventory when it’s crunch time, we help each other out without being asked. When time allows, we actively seek out small or big ways to impact the efficiency of our daily tasks.
We respect each other by being genuine and helpful. Our open door policy and our transparent and honest management style makes being heard easy, not intimidating. We dislike formalities. We all work together. We respect each other’s contributions. We check our egos at the door.